Thursday, June 2, 2011

Now Let's Get Down To Business

     In order to begin couponing, you need coupons.  So you may be asking, where do I find them?  Well for starters, the Sunday paper is your best friend when it comes to coupons.  I usually get 5-6 but as I progress will end up getting 10 copies.  Why so many?  I am using these to stockpile items that are on sale for so cheap that I just can't pass it up.  This will also save me tons of money, since these items are things we use all the time and I don't want to have to pay full price on later.  Something to be aware of is that some Saturday papers have the same coupon inserts as the Sunday paper at less than half the price.  Near me I can pick up the Saturday paper for $0.75 instead of paying $2.00 for the Sunday paper. This allows me to save money but also allows me to start clipping my coupons earlier as well.


     In addition to your local paper, the Internet is a great resource for coupons.  There are several sites that allow you to print out manufacturer coupons for products and even some stores that have their own coupons such as Target.

     To keep order of your coupons, you can do one of two things.  There are two main coupon organizing systems and of course you can choose what works best for you.  I clip the coupons out of the inserts and keep them organized in a 2" 3 -ring binder with baseball card sleeves. It is essential to have a zippered binder, coupons do sometimes fall out of the sleeves and this will prevent you from losing them. That way I have access to most/all of my coupons when I go shopping, just by bringing this binder with me.  If you feel that this system is too time consuming, you can keep the inserts whole and clip the coupons on an as needed basis.  To make this system efficient, you need to organize the inserts by the date they came out, that way you know where to look for the coupon you are looking for.

0 comments:

Post a Comment