Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Couponing Next Step

Now that we have discussed where to get coupons and how to organize them. The next step is to discuss how to use them!  Personally I bring my coupon binder pretty much everywhere I go, just leave it in the car in case I stop somewhere like Target, and find that I need them. 

A lot of the good deals on personal care items such as razors or body wash or lotion is found at drugstores such as Rite Aid, CVS and Walgreens.  So check websites often for deals they may be having on items that you need.  When you find a good deal, stock up.  It saves you gas, money and time to have a small stockpile on hand rather than having to run to the store and pay full price. 

This goes for food and household items as well.  If there is a good sale on something that you use often, get as much as you can.  For example, Harris Teeter was having a good sale on cereal ($0.89) the other day and since I haven't had much luck finding it below $1, I bought a couple boxes.  My family goes through this fairly quickly and at a good price I want to have enough until the next sale.

Furthermore, when you can get something free, which happens often on personal items at the drugstores, get it if you have the coupons.  You can always donate it to a local shelter or families in need, knowing that not only did you get the item for extremely cheap or free, but you are helping out someone who can really use it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment